Brion Economics, Inc. provides strategic advice and guidance on broad issues of economics, planning and public policy, with a unique and realistic perspective. We bring a deep understanding of community dynamics to the table, based on 30 years of experience in urban economics.
With the insights earned in countless meetings, analyses and presentations, we help our clients navigate the complicated processes of entitlement and development. Our primary goals align with our clients’ interests – developing sound policy that balances private sector economics with public sector benefits and concerns.
Blending economics, public policy, and creative analysis
BEI delivers vital tools for long-range planning to cities, counties and developers. We produce feasibility studies, fiscal impact studies and development impact fee nexus studies, as well as case studies, and other public policy evaluations. To help build understanding and consensus among affected parties we also help present the findings in private and public forums.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Analyzing proposed public policies
- Projecting outcomes through complex computer modeling
- Financial feasibility studies of new development and redevelopment projects
- Understanding of land use and environmental law
- Turning contentious arguments into productive discussions
Within budget and on time
Sensitive to clients’ financial constraints and schedule, we assemble our team accordingly. To streamline the project and ease impasses, we assume and pursue a win-win project outcome. We proceed knowing that good planning and development requires the public good and the private bottom line to be thoughtfully and thoroughly addressed.
Examples of Urban Economics Projects
- Bohannon Hotel Fiscal Impact & Feasibility Analysis Menlo Park
- Califia – Planned Community Fiscal Impact & Feasibility Analysis Lathrop