Brion Economics, Inc. offers unique expertise in the area of public policy and child care planning and facility development. BEI’s strength is forecasting the changing demand for child care, the needs of families, demographics, and conducting State required Needs Assessments.
Deeply involved in this arena for more than 20 years, BEI is pleased to see that child care is moving toward being considered an essential part of our social fabric and economy. Government and private employers recognize child care as a key indicator of a community’s quality of life and acknowledge the role it plays in attracting and retaining workers. BEI assists cities, counties, developers, and community organizations in understanding the complex delivery system of child care and how to plan effectively to meet this important need of children and families.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Child Care Needs Assessments
- Child Care Economic Impact Analyses
- Strategic and Comprehensive Plans
- Child Care Facilities Development and Financing
- Child Care Workforce Analysis
- Surveys and Other Assessments
Examples of Our Child Care Projects:
- Child Care and Early Learning Needs Assessment San Mateo County - 2022
- Early Learning Facilities and Financing Study – (2017) San Mateo County
- Child Care Needs Assessment – (2007, 2012, 2017) Contra Costa County
- Child Care Assessment and DA Support for Providence St. John’s Medical Center Santa Monica